I am going to try and post information about new dances that we try (and maybe some old favorites) to the website. Here’s a new dance we will be trying out tonight, compliments of our friends at Frolicking Meese Ceili Dancers, who dance in Bend. Check them out at frolickingmeese.weebly.com
We’ll give this a whirl tonight in class and see how it goes!!
I would like to thank all of the faithful dancers that keep coming out despite the heat to be at class every Tuesday – it’s such a joy to see everyone. I would also like to say thank you to Ginny for getting things set up so I could blog…now I just have to take the time and do it!! Elisa
- Danced by three couples: gents on one side, ladies on the other
- Longways progressive
- Expandable (w/modifications)
- Advance and retire (4)
- 6-hand right star around to place (4)
- Turn and Wander (16)
- 1st corners (top gent and bottom lady) right hand turn 1.5 times (4)
- Top gent and bottom lady cast right back to place, the gent out the bottom of the set and the lady out the top (4)
- While 1st corners cast, 2nd corners (top lady and bottom gent) left hand turn 1.5 times around
- 2nd corners cast left to home, gent out the top and lady out the bottom of the set (4)
- While 2nd corners cast, Middles right hand turn 1.5 times
- Middles cast right out the opposite side of the set and dance around to place (4)
- Sheepskin Heys
- Men’s Sheepskin Hey: (24)
- 1st gent leads behind the ladies’ line and weaves the line, followed by the 2nd and 3rd gents (~6)
- Last gent turns back around the center lady, followed by the front gent, then the middle gent.
- Each time the rear gent reaches the middle lady he turns back around her and reverses the weave, followed by the front gent, then the middle gent. (Rear gent will change)
- Continue until the 1st gent is in the lead again (~12)
- 1st gent leads the men back around behind the ladies and back to place (continuing original loop) (~6)
- Ladies’ Sheepskin Hey (24)
- 1st lady leads behind the gents’ line and weaves the line, followed by the 2nd and 3rd ladies (~6)
- Last lady turns back around the center gent, followed by the front lady, then the middle lady.
- Each time the rear lady reaches the middle gent she turns back around him and reverses the weave, followed by the front lady, then the middle lady. (Rear lady will change)
- Continue until the 1st lady is in the lead again (~12)
- 1st lady leads the women back around behind the gents and back to place (continuing original loop) (~6)
- House to progress (8)
- 1st couple swings down the men’s side to the bottom
- 2nd and 3rd couples swing up the ladies’ side to progress.
Source video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a5POmKrBNs