Formed in 2006, the Céilí of the Valley Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting and perpetuating Irish heritage and culture in the Willamette Valley primarily through social events that incorporate music and dance.
We hold Irish social dance (céilí – pronounced kay-lee) classes on Tuesday evenings from 6:30-8:30 PM at the VFW Hall in Salem, Oregon. Additionally, on the second Friday of the month, we host a Céilí Mor with live music, called dancing, food, a raffle and more (also at the VFW Hall) Come check us out!
Our purpose is:
- To educate the public about Irish dance and culture by providing public access to the same;
- To research the history of Irish dance and preserve that cultural knowledge through educational outreach to the public;
- To nurture and develop Irish dance callers and musicians for the purposes of ensuring the continuation of a vibrant cultural community;
- To enhance the community by creating a cultural organization dedicated to Irish music, dance and other Irish cultural activities;
- To support the local Irish community and to enhance relationships between the local Irish, Scottish and other Celtic cultural communities in the Salem area and the larger Willamette Valley of Oregon.